Five Regularity Tips for Toddlers
Raise your hand if you have a kiddo who deals with occasional regularity issues. We’ve all been there and as a parent you do everything you can to make sure your kids are receiving the nutrients they need. But making sure their digestive systems are in the best shape, well … it can be difficult. Never fear! We have five tips to help get your child’s regularity on track and running smoothly.
Tips and Tricks for Regularity Issues in Toddlers
1. Incorporate fiber-rich foods into their diet.1
- Apples, pears and bananas are a great way to add in fruits that contain fiber.
- Veggies such as avocados, cauliflower and carrots are fiber-rich and delicious!
- Starches and legumes like potatoes and beans can really aid in regularity issues for toddlers.
2. Keep them hydrated! Making sure your child has enough fluids is important because it helps soften stool. Limiting caffeinated beverages like soda can help because these types of drinks can have dehydrating effects and in turn, affect regularity.2
3. Avoid distraction. Sometimes children can get preoccupied and will avoid going to the bathroom.3 Make potty time less of a chore for them by getting them used to routine. Set an alarm on your phone or watch to remind you and your little one that it’s time to try to go!
4. When it comes to occasional regularity issues, external factors like making sure your kids stay active throughout the day can really help! The mixture of movement and gravity helps food travel through the digestive system—even low-level activity like walking is an excellent way to get active!3
5. Consider talking to your child’s pediatrician about giving them a probiotic supplement with fiber like Culturelle® Kids Regularity Gentle-Go™ Formula.
Culturelle® Kids Regularity Gentle-Go™ Formula
Culturelle® Kids Regularity Gentle-Go™ Formula is flavorless and easy to mix into your child’s cool or room temperature drink, like juice or milk, or soft food, like applesauce, which is a great solution for picky eaters! In addition it contains 2.5 billion CFUs of Lactobacillus GG, the #1 clinically studied probiotic strain for kids††, to help balance intestinal microflora while helping get your child’s digestive system back on track.* It also contains 3.5 grams of dietary fiber, the equivalent of five prunes, sourced from whole kiwi fruit and inulin, which is a prebiotic vegetable fiber from chicory root.
If your child’s digestive system is happy, then they’re happy. And if your child is happy, then so are you! So next time your child is dealing with occasional regularity issues, think of Culturelle® Kids Regularity Gentle-Go™ Formula!*