FAQs About Culturelle
There is a lot to learn about probiotics, and it’s important to be informed about what you put in your body. Got a question you don’t see the answer to here? Check out The Culturelle Advantage page, or Contact Us.
Quite simply, probiotics are the good bacteria found in your digestive tract. Taking a probiotic supplement like Culturelle helps to maintain the natural balance of good and non-beneficial bacteria in your body.* When good bacteria are added and allowed to multiply, they help replace the non-beneficial bacteria – boosting overall digestive health, supporting the immune system and contributing to better overall health.*
Since there are many different bacterial strains, it’s important to understand that not all probiotics deliver the same health benefits.
Believe it or not, 70% of your body’s entire immune system is in your digestive tract. With your digestive system and immune system so linked, it’s easy to see how optimal health starts in the core. So when the bad bacteria in your body multiply (from causes like diet, travel, stress and certain medications), your digestion and immune system are vulnerable. Fortunately, there’s Culturelle – shown to boost digestive health and support immune health.*
Digestive issues occur when there is an imbalance of good and bad bacteria. By adding good bacteria (from a probiotic like Culturelle) back to your body and restoring a healthier bacteria ratio, your digestive system can get back on track.*
Culturelle’s benefits may be felt within just 48 hours of taking it, but it may vary person to person. Every day usage is encouraged for better ongoing digestive health.*
Found in Culturelle, Lactobacillus GG is the most clinically studied strain of probiotic for digestive, and immune health.**†† Discovered in 1985 at Tufts University in Boston, MA and is considered the premier probiotic in the world. Lactobacillus GG is strong enough and sticky enough to survive stomach acids and successfully colonize in the intestines.*
Lactobacillus GG is naturally sourced and has been studied intensely in over 800 scientific studies to determine its safety and effectiveness.
In study after study, Lactobacillus GG has been shown to survive stomach acid and form a strong barrier against non-beneficial bacteria.* Unlike many of its competitors, Culturelle delivers the optimal number of live, active cells recommended by medical research – in each capsule, tablet or packet.
Culturelle’s unique properties, state-of-the-art manufacturing and advanced packaging process ensure the greatest amount of active bacteria make it to the intestines – where it matters most.
Most yogurts contain just a fraction of Culturelle’s billions of good bacteria. And most yogurts don’t contain a strain as hardy and beneficial as Lactobacillus GG. And unlike yogurt, Culturelle doesn't have all that extra sugar and calories.
Culturelle adult capsules and kids packets and tablets are individually double-foil-protected and packaged in a way to prevent moisture, light, heat and air from getting to the Lactobacillus GG, guaranteeing maximum potency and stability – ensuring you get Culturelle’s optimal benefits.
Culturelle can be taken with or without food at any time during the day. If you prefer, open the capsule and mix the contents with any cool food or beverage. You may feel benefits within just 48 hours. We recommend daily usage to maintain optimal core health.
- Adults and children over 100 lbs. For daily maintenance of digestive and immune system health, adults take one (1) capsule of Culturelle daily.* For occasional intestinal discomfort and digestive upset, take two (2) capsules of Culturelle daily until symptoms subside.*
- Children over 3 years of age. To support kids' natural defense systems take one Culturelle Kids Probiotic Chewables tablet daily.* To alleviate occasional digestive distress, take four (4) tablets per day. If conditions persist, consult your physician. If taking four tablets, take half in the morning and half in the evening. Make sure always to follow the advice of your pediatrician.
- Children ages 1 to 3. To support kids' natural defense systems, empty entire contents of 1 packet of Culturelle Kids Probiotic Packets into cool food or drink.* Mix until dissolved. For occasional intestinal discomfort and diarrhea, take contents of 1 capsule of Culturelle Digestive Health until symptoms subside.* Make sure always to follow the advice of your pediatrician.
Culturelle capsules, tablets and packets can be taken with or without food at any time throughout the day. If taking the capsules, you can open the capsule and mix the contents with any cool food or beverage. Culturelle's benefits may be felt within just 48 hours of taking it. To receive the full Lactobacillus GG advantage, take Culturelle every day to help achieve and maintain optimal core health.*
When you take Culturelle every day, you help maintain a healthy balance of the good and non-beneficial bacteria in your body - promoting digestive, immune and overall health.* If you stop taking it, your body loses its Lactobacillus GG advantage in about one week…leaving you more vulnerable to non-beneficial bacteria from common sources like diet, travel, stress and the effects of certain medications. That's why we recommend a daily serving of Culturelle for optimal health.
You may experience mild bloating, gas or digestive gurgling when you first begin taking Culturelle. No need to worry - this is normal due to the changing environment in the digestive system and should go away within a short period of time.
Culturelle is clinically shown to be safe and effective. However, as with all supplements, we suggest you discuss the use of Culturelle with your health care professional.
Yes! Culturelle is especially ideal for children 1 year and above and their still-developing immune systems. Culturelle has been proven to help support children's natural defense systems and helps reduce occasional digestive upset.* Culturelle helps maintain healthy bacterial balance.* But is it safe, you wonder? Lactobacillus GG, found in Culturelle, is the most clinically studied probiotic.††
Unlike yogurt and other probiotic brands, Culturelle comes to you specially packaged - each product is packaged in such a way to keep light, moisture, heat and air out - so it can be stored at room temperature or below. Keep Culturelle in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
It's disturbing but true: many people who travel to certain places develop digestive issues. So, why not help prepare yourself before your next vacation? By taking Culturelle before and during your trip, you can build up a healthy supply of good bacteria and help reduce stomach and digestive discomfort.*
If you would like to return an i-Health product for a refund, please follow the instructions below. If you are not satisfied with the product you purchased, we recommend that you ask the retailer that sold it to you to refund your money. If the retailer will not accept the product, you may return it directly to us.
To process a refund request, please send:
- Your store receipt, clearly indicating the store where the item was purchased and circle the item and purchase price of the product being returned.
- The box and unused portion of the product being returned.
- A note briefly explaining why you are returning the item for a refund or exchange, and also include your name, mailing address, and telephone number.
Please send all of the materials above to:
Attn: Consumer Resources
55 Sebethe Drive
Cromwell, CT 06416
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- If you do not have all of the information and documentation requested above, we will not be able to provide a refund.
- Refunds are only for the value of the product. Shipping expenses and taxes will not be reimbursed.
- We recommend shipping via certified mail, UPS, or some other service that will confirm delivery of your items.
- i-Health will not accept expired product.
- Items must be returned/exchanged within 90 days of purchase.
- Maximum return limit of 2 items of the same brand.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for your return to be processed.